- People who update their facebook status with the arrival city the second they can turn their phones back on. (Full Disclosure: totally guilty, but my phone kept auto-correcting Hotlanta back to Atlanta).
- The weird sized pillows hotels give you. I don’t need five cold-war era surplus Soviet square pillows. Can I just have two regular-sized adult pillows? Please?
- Regular coat hangers in the closet. Do people really steal coat hangers from hotels? And can I have more than three? Please. I promise not to stuff them in my suitcase. (Okay, I once to a hotel room glass when we went to Springfield for our 7th grade trip, but my mom chewed me out when I got home).
- The business jerk in boarding group six who stands right in front of the jetway entrance while groups one through five board.
- Hotel Alarm clocks. I used to get around this with wake up calls but now that wakeup calls are pre-recorded messages, they freak me out. I set the alarm clock convinced I am setting the alarm for PM or setting the volume too low. I use the alarm on my phone as the backup but still can’t sleep restfully because I fear oversleeping. Most mornings I wake up well before the alarm goes off totally not well rested.
- Bad restaurant advice from hotel clerks. While I know Cheesecake Factory is pretty good, there’s got to be somewhere else for me to eat. (Full Disclosure: I had Chick-Fil-A for dinner)
- The same business jerk who won’t end his phone conversation while the flight attendant is asking him to turn off his phone so we can take off.
- The same business jerk again who can’t figure out how to turn the speaker phone off as his phone starts reading his emails after we land. Sadly, there was not a spam message that said, “Have a small penis? Make it bigger!”
- iPads. Do they do anything but play Angry Birds? Fine, I’m just jealous because I want one.
- That jerk who is sitting next to me in coach trying to read the newspaper who keeps bumping me when flipping pages. Oh wait, that was me.
- The USA Today. Enough said.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Things that drive me crazy when traveling
Forgive me as I bring out my inner grandpa man for this post. Here's a list of things that drive me a little crazy while I am traveling. Most are minor annoyances but still bug. They seem to bug me more when I am traveling alone.
Next post will be the list of things I like about traveling. Thanks for reading.